Here are the Steelers notes for the week of 5/1/16-5/7/16:
- On Tuesday, May 5th, the Steelers declined to pick up the fifth-year option on Jarvis Jones, a former 1st round pick. Jones is entering his fourth season, a career in which many consider that he has underperformed or that his skills haven’t quite translated to the NFL level. The Steelers obviously didn’t see the value in the $8.4 million he would’ve made in 2017. He will spend this final season of his contract with Pittsburgh, and then become an unrestricted free agent after the season.
- The Steelers cut three players on Thursday to trim their roster to 90 players. Headlining the cuts was former second round pick OT Mike Adams. He was cut due to a failed physical. Kicker Ty Long and RB Abou Toure were also among the cuts.
- Also on Thursday, the Steelers signed their two seventh-round draft picks WR Demarcus Ayers and LB Tyler Matakevich to four-year contracts.
- On Friday, Pittsburgh signed their sixth-round draft pick LB Travis Feeney to a four-year contract.
- Rookie Minicamp got under way on Friday. It ran through Sunday, May 8th.
412 Sports is not affiliated with the Pittsburgh Steelers or the National Football League. The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions of the Pittsburgh Steelers or the National Football League. This site may contain content copyrighted by another person or entity. This site’s author claims no copyright to said content